Monday, June 21, 2010

Getting Better Everyday!

For the past two weeks some of the coaches and members of the Affiliate Team have started following James Fitzgerald's (OPT) Big Dogs Training, which is set up to prepare Crossfit athletes for the 2011 Crossfit Games. If you aren't familiar with OPT you should check out his site and do a little research on him. His programing is meticulously put together and he is also a legend inside the world of Crossfit.

Since starting his programming my body has been absolutely obliterated in one of the best ways possible. The workouts thus far have been focused mainly on strength training with a ton of Olympic weightlifting, which happens to be one of my favorite things, and some wicked met cons that are exactly what I need.

So, with the addition of the speed training I've been doing over the past two months (of which I have lost six pounds since starting) and OPT's Big Dog Training, I can only imagine where I am going to be over the next eight months to a year. Although I really have no aspirations of competing in the Crossfit Games as an individual, I would love to be on he Affiliate team next year. So, with that said I'll keep you guy's and gals posted on how things are going.




"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. "
Thomas Jefferson


Posted by Picasa

No comments: