Friday, November 5, 2010

Much Has Been Going On

So I have neglected my blog, for what, over a month now. So some of you know and many of you don't know that I had injured my self, or developed a problem that is personal in nature. I'm not one to hold much back and I am willing to share most things so I will go ahead and share this life experience.
I have for the past four or five years suffered from hemorrhoids due to lake of fiber in my diet and sitting on the toilet too long, along with the heavy lifting I enjoy so much. I had learned to live with them and after seeing a doctor about them I decided to just continue to go along with them. This past August though I was doing Clean and Jerks and noticed something different about that area of the body. It was mostly pain! Unbeknown to me I had developed an anal fisher, which is essentially a tear in my rectum. If you have not had one I pray to God you never do. I was in excruciating pain for the next two months until I went to the doctor and he explained to me what had happened. I was so tired of the constant pain and the tear had to be fixed therefore, I opted for surgery. It was invasive to say the least and it put me down for a good two weeks.
Over that time my mind was not fully on my job and so I let a few things slide, one being my blog. I also was not able to train myself and dropped nearly ten pounds. If you can say there was a purpose for all this there was. Over the time I couldn't train and had to revamp my diet drastically. Fiber and veggie intake went through the roof and I started Dave King's 10 in 21. This helped with certain things and all together I dropped about 15lbs. It helped to create a habit that has drastically changed my eating habits.
Since then my body is nearly all the way healed and I have gotten back into the gym with what feels like a new body. Since getting back to the training I have put five pounds back on of muscle and have continued to shed the fat. I still have much work to get back to my previous strength but feel confident it will come back fast. So it's been a long two months and I knew going into this whole thing that something good was going to come out of it and it has. I no linger suffer from hemorrhoids and I got control of my diet and feel better than I have in many years. Much thanks to my wife Ashley who helped and supported me through what I think was one of the most trying times of my life. Also, to Dave King for developing a great diet to help people create a habit for food control and making wise decisions. I needed it! I will be back on my game with the blog and will also be making some changes and adding a new program to my personal training business so be on the look out for that.
Now off to get strong as HELL!

9 comments:

Pam G. said...

I love to hear about good things coming from the bad. Congrats on the "new body" as you mentioned!

Unknown said...

Glad to know you are doing better. You are a trooper Zach!

Mia said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. You continue to be an awesome role model and an inspiration to the CFC community.

Burke David said...

Is the diet you mentioned going to be part of my deliverables with you as my Mentor? Glad your back on the road to recovery.

Roland Lance Cantu said...

commend you brother. and you inspire me.
much love!

Zachary Thiel said...

Thanks for the love guys and gals. And Burk.....yes. Get ready!

Barbara said...

Have had a couple friends go through that and it sounded horrible. I'm glad you're on the mend now.

I mean seriously...like anything short of a bullet could ever stop Zach:)

Miss ya!

Suzette said...

Gosh, glad you are feeling better!

Zachary Thiel said...

Thanks Barb, miss you too. You shouldn't be a stranger and come see us every now and again.