Friday, July 2, 2010

Athlete OF The Week


Scott performing Lateral Lunges

Scott has been with me for a year and a half at Bridgepoint Boot Camp and has rarely missed a workout. He is dedicated, hard working and continuously gives it everything he's got. Since I started thinking about recognizing and doing these posts about the athletes I train; I have come to the conclusion that I am truly lucky and honored to be around so many amazing people and athletes, with Scott being one of them. Here is a quote from Scott about what role boot camp has played in his life.
My name is Scott Voelker, I am 26 years young and since I started a year and half ago I have lost 35 lbs. and I love my boot camp. I am in the 5:30am (MWF) Zachary Hell Boot Camp, so you know right off the bat I must be a little wrong in the head to endure that kind of pain that early in the morning. No, but seriously the first day I stepped into this shocking experience I puked my guts out and every day since I have grown stronger and more confident.
Boot camp is my chance to release, whether I have aggression or something on my mind, I can release it while being competitive with my fellow boot campers. I feel like each session is another challenge or task to overcome, and another chance to improve my speed and/or strength. I love going to my early morning class because it starts my day off with energy and allows me to be able to spend time with my wife and friends in the evenings. In closing boot camp has altered my life in a way that I can’t help but appreciate!

Much love Scott and it is pleasure having you in boot camp!


Plyo Push Up's

This month at Relentless Boot Camp we are recognizing boot campers that stand out and do an amazing job. We are also creating workouts in their honor. So Scott's workout is as followed:

Three rounds of
20 Over Head Squat Jumps
60 Total Yard Lateral Lunges Holding a Med ball Out in Front of You
50 PVC Pip Shoulder Press
20 Plyo Push Ups


Paleo-Libertarian Spirit
It makes you fit, and lifts the spirit too, says Saul Weiner.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: