Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I AM CROSSFIT Halfway Mark!

This past weekend marked the halfway point of I AM CROSSFIT! Myself and Coach Chris Hartwell got our teams together for a little bit of work. It was a fun and challenging workout to say the least. I know there have already been many goals achieved and many more on their way to being accomplished. I think it speaks volumes to the dedication and how serious all of you are taking this challenge. Many of us have friend's who don't understand that you don't want to go out and drink the night away because you have a team workout the next day. Or, they think you're crazy because you won't eat a certain thing or shop a certain way. I've been there and I'm sure many of you have too. So what I want all of you to do is tell me in the comment section what goals you have accomplished and where you are at on some other goals you made for I AM. Better yet, any goal you have accomplished in the past two moths that you set for yourself being crossfit or not. The new year has started off with a bang and I want everyone to know how you are adding to that BANG!!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Cindy B said...

I haven't hit my I AM goals yet, which are all physical -- pull ups, increased deadlift and finishing the benchmark workout. But I set additional goals for myself that include showing up to every workout and giving every one of them my absolute best, allowing myself to rest, and being strict about my nutrition. That doesn't sound like a lot, but for me... right now... it's huge, and so far, I've reached those goals each and every day.

Chris Holtkamp said...

Moving towards my goals. I haven't gotten a pull up yet and I need to start practicing a lot more than I have. I've noticed that I'm moving up on Bill and Ferrel at Bootcamp. Haven't caught them yet, but I'm not getting lapped anymore. Pants are fitting looser and the nutrition is way better.

James said...

Goals met/beat so far: 5k run under 30 min (28:37), no workout skipping (6 days a week since challenge started), more sleep, and proper recovery. Goal soon to be complete: I should close on my house Feb 23!

I'm starting to use the letters PR a whole lot more! Yesterday's Karen WOD in 7:00 Rx was a PR by 2:32, for example.

Most important is that I'm focused on my goals and taking steps to get where I need to be in all aspects of life.

Zachary Thiel said...

Digging it guy's keep'em coming!

Lindsay said...

Mainly noticing a huge improvement in my strength. PRs across the board in CF total, and completed yesterday's WOD of 10 man-makers x 4 with 30# dumbbells.

Pam G. said...

I HIT ONE GOAL! The goal was to run the Austin Marathon under 4:10. I ran it in 4:03!! I felt strong, thanks to adding CF to my training.

Zachary Thiel said...

Dang Pam! That's pretty awesome. I don't think I would even ever try to run that far. Good work!