Monday, May 2, 2011

Garden for Life

So, believe it or not I have a passion for gardening. I grew up working on my dads farm in west Texas so I guess you could say it's in my blood. I think what I like best about it is just simply watching the plants grow. I find myself sitting on the deck in the morning drinking coffee just staring at it.

Three different kinds of peppers

Come to find out I have a pretty good green thumb and am a little bit more of a perfectionist than I originally thought. So not only is it therapeutic, it's rewarding. My family and I get to enjoy food grown in our own back yard, we know where it came from and what wasn't put on it. We save money and can also share with family and friends.


Squash and tomato's will be here soon.

I strongly encourage you to give gardening a try. It doesn't have to be something extravagant
or big. It can simply be potted in small pots in the back yard or on a apartment patio. You will have garden fresh veggies literally at your fingertips throughout the summer and well into the fall.

No comments: